SENIOR SALES MANAGER – SOMEREST WEST – WESTERN CAPE
The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for the identification of business opportunities within an appointed Region, Product Group or Key Accounts. The incumbent is responsible for the management of sales, customer relationships and marketing initiatives to increase market share and order intake for RDM.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Identification and development of business opportunities
- Pre-empt requirements through market research and Stakeholder engagement.
- Position RDM as preferred partner, supplier and offer commercially attractive solutions.
Identify and develop business opportunities
- Confirm which RDM business solutions will be suitable for the market and sales opportunity.
- Prepare and implement various capture plans enabling business development.
- Understand competitive landscape.
- Create winning pricing strategies aligned with Commercial Strategy.
- Develop strong business network with multi-layer relationships including Business to
- Government, and Business-to-Business partners.
- Contract suitable partners within market/sales structure to execute commercial strategies.
Internal stakeholder liaising
- Coordinate and align with management team.
- Liaise with internal role players to collate relevant inputs and establish an executable solution.
- Provide inputs to colleagues for business development opportunities.
Customer relationship management
- Ensure regular and effective communication with end users/technical advisors and distributors
- Monitor and ensure optimal customer satisfaction throughout customer lifecycle.
- Manage all customer communication at all levels.
- Communicate and engage with relevant stakeholders in the markets including Ministers, Heads of Security Forces, Defence Attaches, Ambassadors, Heads of Industry Partners, Procurement officers etc.
- Build strong stakeholder network.
- Coordinate and align with internal management team to effectively manage all business processes relevant to Market/Region/Key Account/Product Group.
- Ensure compliance to internal policies and procedures, government policies and international laws and legislations
- NQF 7 (Bachelor’s Degree) qualification in Marketing/Business Development or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience in international sales and marketing.
- Experience in the Security, Technology or Defence industry would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Defence Industry including ammunition and weapon systems.
- Detailed knowledge on Company’s products and services.
- Global Political and Economic Affairs
- Understanding of International Trade and regulations.
- Communicate effectively – Written & Verbal presentations.
- Represent RDM at all levels of negotiation both technically and commercially.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve targets
- Travel local and International
- Strong contract negotiation skills