FINANCE OFFICER- FIXED ASSETS (FIXED TERM CONTRACT) – KWA-ZULU NATAL – DURBAN
The client wishes to appoint a dynamic and pro-active individual as a Finance Officer to provide Finance- and related support within its Corporate Services Unit. The incumbent will be required, amongst other duties, to provide sound technical financial and accounting support in furthering the implementation of various client programmes and projects. A key objective of the role is financial data capturing, reconciliations, and review and verifications. The position is based in KwaZulu-Natal, Durban.
This is a fixed-term contract position, renewable based on funding.
- Capturing of Financial Data on Accounting system.
- Maintaining adequate supporting documentation that is compliant with client’s Policies and Procedures.
- Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of current internal controls, risk management and governance processes, and to make practical recommendations to improve the control environment of the business.
- Supporting the design and maintenance of a strong internal control system.
- Submission of monthly and specific reconciliations and reports for review to management.
- Conducting regular verification exercises to meet Audit and funder requirements.
- Supporting management during multiple audits, including internal, external and funder audits.
- Plans, organises and schedules work to meet individual, Unit and Section objectives, deadlines and operational plans, whilst achieving quality and value for money.
- Review monthly Fixed Asset Reconciliations to ledger and ensure proper control over assets.
- Assist in formulating detailed draft Standard Operating Procedures for various processes within Finance and assist with the design and maintenance of a strong internal control system.
- Ability to efficiently communicate and work with staff from multiple projects and external stakeholders.
- Be willing to travel on assignments as and when needed.
- Willingness to travel and work outside normal office hours.
- Ability to work with staff from multiple departments.
- An appropriate university degree or diploma, with bookkeeping to Trial Balance and at least
- five years’ experience as an Accountant, preferably in the NGO environment.
- Experience in Sage Evolution Accounting Software would be an advantage.
- Drivers Licence compulsory
- Strong Administration skills
- Meticulous filing and record-keeping
- Good understanding of VAT
- Good level of self-organisation and ability to multi-task, balancing competing priorities often under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, independently and collaboratively as part of a team.