DEVELOPMENT MANAGER-DYNAMICS 365 (PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES) – WESTERN CAPE – CAPE TOWN
Our client has a unique opportunity for a Development Manager for the Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment. This platform is being implemented across multiple companies within the company and 14 business units across more than 1200 users have been rolled on. The client has adopted the latest modules of Dynamics 365 and has already implemented 5 of the 12 modules of the platform. The role of the Development Manager is to manage the Delivery and Support teams for this environment. This position supports remote work, but several days per month is office based in Bellville, Cape Town.
The D365 Delivery Manager has a comprehensive understanding of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform and can manage people. Projects are delivered through predefined delivery teams and for each project the correctly skilled development resources need to be allocated to project teams. Projects need to be scheduled in such a way to support concurrent development within the same technical environment and system testing and regression testing needs to fit into this schedule in an efficient manner.
The Support and Maintenance Team Leader reports into the Development Manager and management of incident resolution, service level management, escalations and fix deployments are all part of the accountability of the Development Manager. Emergency fixes, incident escalations and root cause analyses are managed by the Development Manager.
This team is located across several cities and two continents, and the Development Manager is comfortable managing remote teams efficiently and effectively.
The D365 Delivery Manager is accountable and/or responsible for the following:
- Contribute to the planning of project execution to support concurrency balanced with business demand and prioritization.
- Work with Project Managers and Team Leaders for scheduling and allocation of development resources to projects and support teams
- Management of the Support and Maintenance Team leader. The Development Manager takes accountability of the operational efficiency of this area with regards to Service Level Management of incidents and change requests, escalations, root cause analyses, and emergency and planned deployments
- Involved in management of the project deployments
- Accountable for daily health monitoring of the environment
- Collaborating through a healthy relationship with the Group Infrastructure teams, Business Demand managers, Scrum Masters, other IT Development Managers
- Ensure stable and performant production environment
- Manage performance and development of all direct reports
- Assist with the growth on performance, capacity and capability within the team through effective knowledge transfer
- Provide training, mentorship and leadership to direct and inspire a high-performance team
- Involved in annual budgeting cycles for development team resources, software licenses, TCO etc.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant B Degree or equivalent workplace experience
- 5 to 10 years at application development experience, certification in Microsoft products or specifically Dynamics 365 is advantageous
- Experience managing technical staff
- Experienced in dealing with external suppliers and offshore business partners will be advantageous
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Good understanding of Microsoft Dynamics 365 is necessary, experience in configuration, development, or management of D365 team is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of Agile software delivery methods
- Agile delivery methods, including Scrum at Scale
- Knowledge of DevSecOps, AWS, Azure is advantageous
- Excellent decision making & organising skills
- Ability to think holistically as well as at a detailed level
- Understanding Technology Architecture trends & best practice thinking
- Human Capital Development
- Building networks and good relationships
- Analytical and systems thinker
- Produce creative solutions to business problems
- Perform under pressure
- Challenge current assumptions and beliefs
- Motivate others and mentoring others
- Interaction skills: facilitation; mentoring; leadership and influencing; negotiation; teamwork; build relationships; credible consulting skills
- Deciding and initiating action
- Client focus
- Cultivates Innovation
- Drives Results
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Competent in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Prioritising objectives and planning
- IT Data Analysis
- Project Oversight
- Reporting and Administration
- Quality, Compliance and Accreditation
- Business Requirements Definition