CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – NORTHERN CAPE
Candidates must be preferably having experience in Zinc. Copper and other mineral processing project experience is added advantage. Manage the Civil and earthworks activities of the Project Department to assure cost effectiveness and that Key Performance Indicators are achieved in an effective and timely manner.
- Must have multiskilled construction experience and lead the construction team such as Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, Tankages. Piping etc.
- Manage the surface maintenance practices and procedures to ensure maximum equipment availability at the minimum cost.
- Develop, implement, and monitor systems and procedures to ensure all operating cost and capital cost are minimised and that all adverse variations are reported, followed up and remedied.
- Continually review every aspect of the Project Department to ensure that opportunities to add value and increase shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
- Maintain or exceed production objectives and optimize results for the Department. Assure alignment between the Client (Owner), Project Department and other Departments.
- Play a leading role in all appropriate industry committees, government working parties and community groups to ensure that all our interests are represented and protected.
- Provide the leadership necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards that exceed worldwide industry standards and any applicable legislation of South Africa.
- Develop and promote a Safe and Healthy Work Environment.
- Facilitate the creation of a workplace climate, which ensures minimum disruption to work due to industrial relations issues.
- Create a working environment, which ensures that all employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and monitoring programs.
- Ensure the extensive Training & Succession Plan is implemented on an ongoing basis, to ensure that Localisation Initiatives are achieved in a progressive and seamless manner.
- Implement employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance and identify and remedy substandard performance and behaviour.
- Participate in the Senior Management Team to ensure that targets for resources.
- Experience in EPCM and self-perform with all earthworks and civil related projects.
- Experience in HSE, Planning, Quality, Costing, QS, Engineering, IR and Contracts in the earthworks and civil works, mechanical, structural works, tankages & piping in mining & mineral processing industry.
- Experience of handling major projects of Mining & other industries of contract value of not less than 100 million USD.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Diploma.
- Age: Below 60 years.