BRANDS, COMMUNICATION AND ADVERTISING MANAGER – WESTERN CAPE – CAPE TOWN
To develop & implement Retail Advertising & Promotions, Branding and Communications strategy that will enable growth within the Retail business through customer growth, customer attraction and customer retention strategies leading to both fuel and convenience volume and sales growth to ensure delivery of Retail plans and targets.
- Develop, implement and manage digital marketing and communications strategies by aligning with related policies, procedures and standards in order to drive effective electronic communications for both internal and external stakeholders,
- Align the creation of strategy and the execution and review of activities with the overall company Corporate Strategy and Communication division activities (i.e. brand and sponsorship, employee, external and digital innovation & communication and overall strategy development) and other divisions to achieve integrated communication activity that maximises overall investments and protects and enhances the company brand
- Drive the implementation of the strategy through formulating and driving the launch plans of all APO and Automated innovations, delivery of CSI Programmes in collaboration with CSI team by providing business insights, analytics and trends and in collaboration with other divisions (CSI Department) to ensure delivery and build sustainable relationships with all key stakeholders as well as enhance company’s CSI interventions, Public Relations and Media Liaison and align with CSI Strategy, Governance and Protocols.
RETAIL BRAND STANDARDS
- Manage the Retail Brand standards through application of the standards at Forecourt level and other related Communications Channels to ensure consistency in appearance and overall forecourt customer experience.
- Manage suppliers such as advertising, media and communications agencies by ensuring that they deliver and perform as per agreed SLA’s in order to meet Retail Communications Strategy and Growth Plans as well as ensure the suppliers delivery, accountability and performance.
- Lead and manage all Retail Brand, Communications & Advertising initiatives and investment decisions based by ensuring delivery is as per agreed plans and by constantly following on trends and market changes so as to maximise company’s profile to its target audience.
NETWORKING AND RELATIONSHIP BUILDING
- Foster and sustain effective working relationships and rapport with the government authorities, business and management institutions, national and key industry players and service providers to keep abreast with latest development to capture new business opportunities.
LEADERSHIP AND CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT
- Drive the development of competent working team that will enhance and sustain staff capabilities in achieving high performance delivery to ensure internalization of the right leadership and capabilities in executing their jobs
COBE, POPI, AND ABC POLICIES
- Communicate, interpret and champion the execution of company’s policies and provisions of the Codes of Conduct & Business Ethics (COBE), Protection of Personal Information (POPI) and Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC), and undertake appropriate mitigation and/or intervention programmes to safeguard business operations, high staff discipline and industrial harmony.
- Enforce the implementation of applicable PETRONAS procedures and guidelines and affect the compliance to statutory and legislative requirements to ensure conformance to the established Limits of Authority (LOA) to safeguard PETRONAS interest, image and reputation.
MINDSET, BEHAVIOUR AND CULTURE
- Develop and implement distinctive mindset, behavior and culture to achieve high work performance by adoption and implementation of value interventions, tools and methodologies to promote and instil high sense of commitment, ownership, integrity and loyalty that will contribute to operational excellence.
HSEQ AND ZETO RULES
- Communicate, interpret and adhere to company’s Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) policies and Zero Tolerance (ZeTo) rules to ensure individual safety and that of others, safeguard business operations and company’s compliance to industrial requirements.
NQF Level 7 (Degree in Marketing/ Communications/ Advertising)
8 years’ experience in Brand/ Communications/ Advertising field, with experience in Marketing agencies
10 years’ experience in Oil & Gas or FMCG
Person Profile: Brands, Communication &Advertising Manager
Who You Are:
- You are dynamic thinker with a high aptitude for learning
- You have built credibility within your organization and amongst your peers
- You are an expert at implementation and execution of strategic objectives
- You are passionate about retail and selling
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills
- You have a reputation for being insightful and operating with integrity
- You are flexible to travel
What you’ll have done before:
- 8 years’ experience in Brand/ Communications/ Advertising field, with experience in Marketing agencies
- NQF Level 7 (Degree in Marketing/ Communications/ Advertising)
- Experience in the FMCG industry (Advantageous)
- Understanding of Retail Retail Advertising & Promotions.
- Understanding of Retail Markets in the South African retail landscape.
- Deep knowledge of Branding and Communications strategy
Exciting Challenges you might face in the role
- Immerse yourself in various aspects of the organisation
- Influencing the strategic direction of company convenience business
- Operate effectively within a team environment in an ever-changing, dynamic and agile business
What you’ll be doing
- Develop, implement and manage digital marketing and communications strategies.
- Align the creation of strategy and the execution and review of activities
- Formulating and driving the launch plans of all APO and Automated innovations
- Manage the Retail Brand standards
- Manage suppliers such as advertising, media and communications agencies
- Lead and manage all Retail Brand, Communications & Advertising initiatives and investment decisions
- Foster and sustain effective working relationships with national and key industry players and service providers
- Drive the development of competent working team