TEMP NETWORKING DATA CENTRE RESOURCE – JOHANNESBURG – MAIN STREET, CITY AND SUBURBAN
As a Networking Data Centre Engineer you will be responsible for the management of all aspects of the company’s IT infrastructure and its users. You’ll ensure that our systems are running smoothly, that our network is secure and reliable, and that we’re always up to date with software patches. You’ll also ensure your team has enough technical expertise to respond quickly to any issues as they arise in order to minimise downtime.
- Network routing and demonstration of Cisco CCNP equivalent experience in multi-area OSPF and BGP, route filtering and mutual redistribution of routing protocols, both IGP and BGP, use of VRF’s for traffic separation, route tagging and pre x-maps
- Network switching – demonstration of Cisco CCNP equivalent experience in VLAN’s, VxLAN, SpanningTree (RSTP, MST, etc.), 802.1Q trunk links, LACP, MLAG, P2P Ethernet links and QinQ
- Network monitoring, alerting and demonstration experience in the use of Solarwinds, Arista CVP, Wireshark, Netscout, Opsgenie or equivalent tools is compulsory
- Managing high speed DWDM
- Solid experience in managing high speed DWDM circuits (Ethernet over DWDM) as well as Metro-E circuits for national and international inter Data Centre connectivity, incident and problem management (SNOW)
- Root cause analysis and reporting.
- Upgrades and maintenance experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Strong knowledge of networking and server administration
- Knowledge of Cisco command line administration is preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience with networking and/or systems administration, preferably in a data centre environment.