TEMP CYBER SECURITY ENGINEER – GAUTENG – SANDTON
- Determine who requires access to which information & Plan, coordinate, and implement information security programs
- Help protect against Web threats that facilitate cyber-crime like malware, phishing, viruses, denial-of-service attacks, and hacking
- Ensure you know and follow the incident and change processes, Perform Problem management analyses and duties, during the week and on weekends
- Perform built-as-designed reviews, Prepare project documentation (guides, configuration documents, etc.)
- CMDB management, Tracking of IT software as relating to Cyber, Tracking of IT hardware as relating to Cyber, Understanding of AWS security, A passion for cyber security, and a keen interest in IT
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware, and security
- An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
- Good working knowledge of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention, and anti-virus
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong relationships with staff and other relevant individuals
- Verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals
- Time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks, prioritise workload, and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical skills and an ability to analyse complex technical information in order to identify patterns and trends
- An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand.
- Building machine learning models for various use cases across the organization to predict and automate human behaviour.
- Live your passion for data. Pull your own data, structure it, clean it, and understand the human and financial behaviours it represents.
- Use research and insight to drive cultural change within the organisation and ensure stakeholders put consumers at the heart of their planning and strategic thinking.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of automation solutions that meet business objectives
- Collaborate with internal teams to drive continuous improvement in processes and services
- Interpret and analyse data from multiple sources, providing key analytics.
- Proactively provide actionable recommendations based on analysis results across various stakeholders and teams.
- Thinks strategically and communicates creatively to inform and drive the decision-making of stakeholders
- Knowledge of AWS/Azure, AWS security practices (AWS and cloud platform as a service (PaaS) security)
- Cyber Security qualification