SOA SENIOR SERVICE ARCHITECT – JOHANNESBURG – SANDTON
The Senior SOA Service Architect will be responsible for the delivery of ITIL-based service design and transition management services. This role is a great opportunity to work in an environment where you can make a real difference with your skills, knowledge and experience. Your responsibilities will include: Providing IT service design expertise, including project planning. Working as part of the team providing transition management support from new to mature solutions within their domain; Supporting change projects by ensuring that best practices are adhered to during all phases of implementation; Establishing relevant standards for future implementation strategies (e.g., standards around performance monitoring); Identifying
- Develops and manages the process design and implementation of enterprise service management (ESM) solutions.
- Designs and develops infrastructure and enterprise applications that support information technology strategy.
- Collaborates with customers and business units to ensure that service delivery objectives are met.
- Sets up and manages cross-functional teams and project teams through the design Collaborates with the Operations group and other strategic IT partners to define and implement a high-level architecture
- Partners with business owners and business operations staff to determine service specifications, architecture and implementation decisions.
- Develops the implementation plan and roadmap.
- Scopes out, designs, develops, and deploys enterprise applications for both internal and external environments.
- Basic ITIL Capability: Organization for ITIL Version 3, Service Desk Portfolio, Plans & Workflow/SCRUM.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Experience with Agile development methods and working knowledge of a service-oriented architecture.
- Two years of experience as a SOA Architect with an emphasis on architecture and development of web applications preferred.
- Six years of experience as a SOA Architect with the ability to make critical decisions, be innovative and creative, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work independently.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Senior Service Architect or equivalent in an IT environment
- Experience with application architecture, design, deployment, configuration and management is desired.
- Experience in the cloud architecture preferred.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies is required.