MANAGER BUSINESS PLANNING – MIDDELBURG – MPUMALANGA
Position: MANAGER BUSINESS PLANNING
Department: Operations Planning
Based in: Middelburg, Mpumalanga
- This exciting role requires a person to take the lead in our Short- and Medium-Term Operations Planning; someone that enjoys the challenges typical of manufacturing environment.
- Suitable qualification (preferably Industrial Engineering) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry. Experience in the steel industry will be advantageous.
- Proven knowledge and interest in operations planning – including the concepts of Lean Manufacturing, MES, and manufacturing planning systems.
- Relevant experience in liaising with management of all departments in the company to define planning objectives, execute the plans and monitoring and improving the outcome.
- Candidate’s career history must display strategic approaches to implementing effective and efficient approaches to optimize available resources and setting the team priorities and goals.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and facilitate consultation processes among business unit
- Our ideal candidate must display strong leadership qualities; be a self-driven, strategic, analytical, and decisive thinker to thrive and work across disciplines.
The successful incumbent will be appointed as Manager: Business Planning at Operations Planning Department reporting to the Area Manager: Operations Planning. The focus of the role is daily and medium-term production planning, steel plant scheduling. Production plan is executed to achieve maximum outputs as negotiated and reflected in the balance score card of the team.
- Daily production and shipping plans, order promising and capacity planning
- Managing the material planning process, and dealing with excess material, internal projects, and stock sales.
- Define material planning rules and practices, including material design, implementing NCR dispositions, final allocations, and final cutting instructions
- Identify opportunities for improvement and implementing solutions.
- Facilitating effective communication and reporting within the business unit and across disciplines.
- Handle high volumes of data; ensure data integrity report accurately on manufacturing progress.