SYSTEMS ANALYST – UITENHAGE – EASTERN CAPE
Type of Position:
The Systems Analyst supports the business by helping them to transform operational objectives into business solutions by gathering, analyzing, and translating their specific needs into clear, unambiguous business requirements and functional specifications, and ensuring that all end-to-end requirements of change and projects are met. This role is dealing with advanced business issues that have medium to high complexity and have not been fully covered by precedents in similar ways.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Translate business needs into high level and detailed business requirements, and work with the Development Team to convert them into feasible technical solutions that resolve existing issues and make business and system improvements which support business objectives.
- Build business cases using modelling tools, cost benefit analysis and impact assessments to support or define cost effective and workable solutions for the business.
- Define functional and system specifications and support the user and acceptance testing to ensure that each step has been carried out, the built solution meets budget, quality, and customer need and any implications for the business have been identified and analyzed.
- Provide project managers with estimates, business cases, planning, and risk identification, problem, and issue management to support the design and delivery of projects that implement proposed solutions to agreed time and budget.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers to create functional specifications and co-ordinate the delivery of their services in line with proposed solutions and project timelines.
- Document business requirements, business processes and system requirements including the outputs of formal analysis techniques so that there is an accurate record.
- Investigate, research, and propose new developments in technology that may be usefully applicable to the wider business to improve the current service.
Education and Experience
- Sc / B. Comm / B. Sc Eng – IT related degree or IT related diploma
Skills, Attributes & Other requirements
- A good understanding of Prince 2 or similar project methodologies
- Has worked concurrently on several analysis engagements varying in size and complexity
- Good understanding and experience of business process modelling
- Experienced to both Waterfall and Agile development
- Proven stakeholder management