IT TEST ARCHITECT – EAST LONDON – EASTERN CAPE
IT TEST ARCHITECT
To improve efficiency, reduce waste, identify, and implement solutions, meet project deadlines and accurately document the necessary requirements to be done in accordance with local / global strategic planning and standards in compliance to the Company’s Integrity & Anti Bribery Codes, Conflict of Interest Policy & S.H.E.Q. requirements and to perform delegated S.H.E.Q. tasks and duties & to inform superior about deviations
The Job Requirements:
- Essential Experience in the following Technologies and Practices
- Experience in development and implementation of Quality Assurance methods / processes, software lifecycle, testing, planning, execution, and defect tracking
- Experience with test automation tools (e.g., CBTA, Tricentis, TestCafe etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to foster an environment for ideation, prototyping and production
- Demonstrated business acumen to take from design to implementation and preferably experience scaling a concept
- Experience in IT Software Test Management and Systems Knowledge
- Experience with software development methodologies and practices (Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- Experience in Data Analysis and Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have an excellent ability to multi-task effectively working on several projects synchronously
- Experience in rolling out initiatives that leverage multiplatform technologies
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Ability to perform the minimum required physical and mental requirements of the function
Not essential but would be valuable
- Domain Driven Design Experience
Requirements & Solution Design:
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand product requirements and responsible for initial setup of new products within testing capability
- (support in defining requirements and resources).
- Design, develop, implement and continuously improve testing methodologies and processes (e.g. Test Strategy and Test Automation Framework) for the testing Capability and Products. Align test methodology and framework to industry best practices.
- Consult and support products with implementation of test methodologies defined (Master Test Plan), ensuring standardisation of processes throughout the organisation. Define and maintain all necessary testing documentation / artifacts in central location. Ensure content and structure of all testing documents / artifacts are well documented and maintained.
- Ensure compliance of test processes and procedures across current and pipeline portfolio initiatives, as per standards defined by the organization.
- Responsible for coordinating all central testing activities (e.g., meeting).
- Represent the testing capability at testing meetings and provide estimates for test automation activities.
- Define necessary testing metrics / KPI for Testing Capability and Products. Ensure test metrics are applied within the various products
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure product quality. Provide prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Team & Technical Leadership
- Define and implement the testing principles, guideline, and test frameworks for applications according to Daimler standards.
- Collaborate with Test Architects and Tools and Technology capability to help establish and grow technical processes and practices.
- Work closely with Scrum teams as part of an Agile development process.
- Define and coordinate training required for testing capability team members
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum NQF 7 – BSC/BCom/BTech in Information Technology, Information Systems
- Engineering or Computer Science or relevant equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience IT Software Testing
- Proficient in designing Test Strategies and Test Automation Frameworks
- Experience working on complex software projects