ASSISTANT SERVICE MANAGER – KRUGER NATIONAL PARK – LIMPOPO AND MPUMALANGA
You will be required to supervise and control all service areas and functions in the lodge, to the required standards, ensuring smooth operations. In the absence of the Service Manager, assume full responsibility for maintaining the overall operation and administration of the F&B Service department.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
- Supervise service, manage service standards, and ensure that service staff are fully prepared for each guest service, including confidence in food/menu descriptions and wine pairing recommendations.
- Ensure consistency in services and products offered.
- Monitor staff and patron activities to ensure that liquor regulations are obeyed.
- Perform service tasks including presentation and sales of beverages and training thereof, ensuring that the required profit margins are met.
- Assist in developing and implementing specialty drinks including welcome, morning and evening drinks.
- Promote optimal communication between the Kitchen and the Service team, including daily service meetings and appropriate pass management.
- The primary focus of this position is on Guest Service, yet stock control and financials form a crucial part of the duties.
- Ensure the stock control, stock take, and requisition procedures are strictly followed according to par levels and property and company standards, ensuring accuracy
- Maintain beverage and service equipment inventories and keep inventory records.
- Ensure all guest information available is collected and communicated prior to arrival.
- Ensure that work practices are efficient, clean and hygienic
- Assist your head of department/Management in counselling and succession planning for the department
- Monitor, manage and control leave days and overtime according to company standards.
- To manage the assigned department to produce a consistent, high-quality product, providing a courteous, professional, efficient, and flexible service consistent with the policies and procedures, to maximize guest satisfaction.
- To ensure that deadlines on all projects are met.
TEAM SUPPORT & PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
- Good knowledge of the highest level of F&B customer service in a luxury environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of stock procedures and control.
- Good knowledge on the operation of all appliances and equipment.
- Good knowledge of hygiene and all cleaning products used.
- Basic knowledge of planning, budgeting and departmental administration.
REQUIREMENTS – QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Grade 12
- Food & Beverage Certificates Essential
- Computer /Administration skills
- Problem solving Skills
- Experience in a similar role advantageous
- Valid Driver’s License
- South African citizen or valid work permit